Last updated on December 3rd, 2017 at 07:25 pm
Today I am posting here the best security apps for Android to secure all your data. Data and information Safety is always a pressing concern for all significant tech brands.
Recently world faced a major devastation by RansomWare due to a bug in Windows.
As work is getting mobile oriented and our devices are becoming further capable of getting the task done making us venerable to hackers too.
Recently, Samsung launched Galaxy Note 8 with super tight security features just to make sure that data lies safely in the device.
If you don’t own Note 8, installing a good security app on your device can save you from hell lots of problem that can turn your life into the worst nightmare.
Imagine, if you lose all your pictures from your last trip. How sad the feeling will be.
Check the security apps for Android phones.
Best Security Apps for Android
Android powers more than 82% of smartphones. All thanks to Google for the seamless integration of its services and Samsung for its innovation with Android.
Unfortunately, Android comes at a price of high venerability. According to Business Insider, Last year, Android was the most venerable OS.
This makes us share these below security apps for Android.
1) Bitdefender mobile security
Bitdefender is rated best security app for the Android by AV-TEST, a lab in Germany that evaluates major Android security apps every 2 months based on ability to detect zero-day malware and other recent threats.
- Easy to use and simple to understand User Interface
- Auto-Pilot feature does everything. You just have to install on your device
- Device recovery and tracking in a case of Loss or Theft
- Practically No Impact on Battery Life. The major problem with Android devices
- Privacy Advisor for monitoring background apps. And lets you informed if any app is abusing your privacy
- Bitdefender Comes with inbuilt app lock. Yes! Now you don’t need any separate application for locking your apps
- Not supported by devices older than Android 3.0
- Paid App. Free only for 30 days as a trial
- The license is annual, no monthly or bi-annual renewal options
- Multiple licenses are required for various devices
Get Bitdefender Mobile Security License for $9.99/year from Google Play Store
2) Norton Mobile Security
It is a terrific Antimalware and antivirus app for Android. Norton is a best freemium security app for Android available on Google Play.
According to Fortune, Google confirmed that 500 spying apps had been deleted from Play store. Norton is the best in screening and evaluating the app before you install a new app on your device.
Norton protects you from installing such apps by notifying the nature of the app.
- AV-TEST Lab certified
- Anti-Theft, Like Bitdefender, Norton too provides this feature
- Secures your device over Wi-fi networks by encrypting your details and masking your activities
- Blocks fraudulent websites automatically
- Protects your devices against malicious installations from sites that install Ransomware, Adware Etc
- Call Blocking and Contacts Backup
- Norton takes privacy very seriously. Privacy report with more than 20 categories are provided
- Flexible multiple device subscription costs. Can secure up to 10 devices from single license purchase
- SIM removal Lock. Upon SIM removal, device gets quickly locked
- 3 Separate apps for Wi-Fi Secure, App Lock and Norton Clean for cleaning Cache and other rubbish files
- Annual License purchase only, no Monthly or Bi-Annual plan
- SMS Text Blocking does not support Android 4.4 or later.
- SIM Removal Lock does not support Multi-SIM devices.
Get Free Norton App Lock for Android From HERE
Download Norton Clean and Junk Removal from HERE
Get Norton Mobile Security License for $9.99 from Google Play Store.
3) 360 Security
360 Security is a free Antivirus for Android including Android performance Booster and Space Cleaner. It is completely free software for personal use.
- Automatically updated cloud and antivirus database protects the device from emerging viruses, Trojans and malware
- Comes with “Find My Phone” to Recover your lost device
- This app Protect private messages & contact lists
- Call & SMS Filter to Block unwanted calls & messages
- 360 Security cleans your device and uninstalls software and deletes unwanted APKs by just one tap
- “Boost” manages your device’s memory usage to ensure the phone is running optimally.
- Multi-functional lock screen to Automatically check phone status when locked and provides optimization suggestions, you can turn on the dial, camera, flashlight quickly and toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc
- Full charge notification alarm to avoid device overcharging
- Full Scans have a noticeable effect on system performance
- Too many notifications. A few of which can be disabled in Phone settings
- Extra tools feel like afterthoughts
360 security antivirus for android apk can be downloaded from below.
Dozens of apps are available on App Store for data safety and protection. Listed above are the best ones.
You can go to Bitdefender if you want to secure only one device.
Or, you can choose Norton if you have multiple devices to secure.
Else you can choose 360 Security for basic level security and comes with few other features.
Go Ahead, and let us know your suggestions and feedback in the comment section or on our Twitter @TechKTSocially